expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, November 24, 2014

On Guard Pumpkin Oatmeal Coookies

So Sundays always ends up my baking days and this last Sunday I had a craving for something pumpkiny delicious. So I found an Oatmeal pumpkin cookie recipe and had to spice it u

Let me tell you how I justified giving these cookies to my little Monkeys for breakfast...

Oatmeal- good fiber
walnuts- good protein, and fatty acids
Semi-sweet chocolate chips- antioxidants and it makes me happy :)
On Guard- awesome immunity boost
Cinnamon- curbs appetite 
Pumpkin- Vegetable- which is an added bonus cuz who really eats veggies for breakfast?! 

Totally Justifiable rationalization!

1. Alright grab all your ingredients...lets talk about what I got here...well the parts that matter...home made Vanilla (super easy saves tons of money) whole nutmeg (again big money saver and lasts forever! seriously I've had mine for a year now and I'm still on my first nut) Doterra On Guard blend (Must be Doterra because it is only brand that is CPTG if you don't know what that means click here) and my baking soda in a plastic container instead of a tin (so we're not eating aluminum). Also Awesome trick I learned. To get your egg to room temperature fast (when baking you should always use room temp eggs) let your lil girl walk around with it like its her lil baby for a half hour or so...totally warms it up :)

Ingredients

1 cup softened butter1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
3-5 drops On Guard Blend
2 cups flour
1 1/3 cup rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt

optional:

3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

2. Cream your room temperature butter with your sugars (white and brown). (to get butter room temp quick put it in the microwave for 10 sec and rotate and repeat till soften)

3. Mix all of your dried ingredients in a separate bowl (four, oats, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg)...pretty self explanatory. 


4. Mix in the rest of your wets (egg, vanilla, pumpkin puree, and on guard) to the creamed butter

5. Mix your dry ingredients into your wet ones one third at a time
Hello beautiful!
6. Now is a good time to take a taste and make sure your oil is strong enough. You may add any optional mix ins here. I did semi-sweet chocolate chips and walnuts you could also do white chocolate chips, cranberries, or pecans.

7. I use a small ice cream scoop to plop them on my pan and bake them at 350 for 14-16minutes. It is not needed, but I put my cookies on a silt pad. An alternative option would be to use parchment paper. The chocolate chips kinda stick to the cookie sheet and the pad helps to make an evenly cooked cookie, but it's not mandatory. 

8. Now, eat to your hearts content cuz man are they delicious and totally good for you too!!

If you are needing to purchase some ON Guard to make this yummy treat click here!








No comments:

Post a Comment