expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Please Poke My Eyes Out!



This is how I feel right now...let me just take a min and share with you why...

3wks into homeschooling and things are going super good relatively well, but now we have hit our first major hiccup and I just want to curl up and cry.

SO we have been easing our way into it by just doing handwriting, math and a lot of reading (beginning readers and me reading living books)
Then I do what all other self respecting homeschoolers do: count slave labor as educational...ya know moping the floors...cleaning the windows...vacuuming...all life lessons here people!

But its hit the fan now! The math curriculum we are using just ain't cutting it! And this isn't like 'oh I tried this book I found on the ground and it's not working out so now I will get something else.' I'm talking HOURS of studying and comparing till I came to the "perfect" curriculum...it's like I just found out Santa Isn't real...
I know buddy, no Santa makes me sad too :(

So now I am back to square one, comparing samples, pricing, reading reviews, and asking fb groups opinions on every choice out there...shout out to my Facebook groups: Im sorry I just blew up every page I'm on. And when did I become that person who can't make a decision without asking 3,000 of the closest total strangers on FB that I whole heartily trust? Darn you social media!

Right now I just really want to...

But, Alas, I can't, I know I have the whole family is looking up to me and my mad homeschooling, mother's intuition, practically perfect in every way skills...

The silver lining is that at least I got my math at a used curriculum fair so it isn't too terrible that I am buying another one at the retail price...shhhh don't tell my husband...don't worry he doesn't read this... But man I could do without the 3 hr OCD, must find the perfect curriculum, quality time I am getting with my computer right now. And, as I am sure you have just figured out I am an awesome procrastinator Muli-tasker since I am also blogging at the same time :) 

ahhhh...I feel better now...

No comments:

Post a Comment